Monday, March 24, 2008

My Favorite Easter Moment

  Here is a picture of me crying happy tears and my Irishman grinning like I've never seen him before (isn't he just purty? - sigh) whilst my mom and dad give us their blessing...

Ironically, as the day-after Araiza family get-together emails and pictures began today, my mother mentioned her favorite moment at easter was the singing together and the good food.

I wrote back and I qoute, "umm: the real best part about Easter was my dad announcing to the family Patrick and Elsa's ENGAGEMENT!!! helllooooo!! (See how it stinks to be the baby of a huge family?? By now the novelty has worn off). Well, I ain't no spring chicken but at least I am not going to be a crazy old maid with cats any longer.....!!!"

Enough said!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey little niece-
Not a spring chicken? Give me a break. You are breathtaking, my dear. Patrick is a mighty lucky guy!
-Aunt Eileen

Anonymous said...

Familia:

Consider this nana-head properly chastized! Por supuesto the engagement announcement was the most significant moment at the gathering, and I can't believe I didn't mention it.
Those who deal with me as of late will understand, and I can only pray that Elsa and Patrick will understand.

Love, Margie

Anonymous said...

Aunt Nora said -
Oh I'm sorry I missed this! Forget the food! (Elsa,
Don't I know how to keep a secret?) We are thrilled
for you and Patrick. He is one lucky guy (and very
fortunate to be marrying into this family, loco or
otherwise.)

Any details yet? Are we all flying to Ireland?

Anonymous said...

ELSA!!!!!!


I figured it was coming! I am SO happy for you!! What great news, such a blessing. i can't wait to see you and give you a big hug but in the meantime, all my love to you and Patrick!


Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Love,
Maddy

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, nobody seems to have warned Patrick. Oh well, he will just have to suffer the same fate as so many of us who married into this loco family. ;))

Just kidding.

Sven

Anonymous said...

Elsa,


You and Patrick, and the announcement of your impending marriage were definitely the highlight of the Easter Sunday festivities! It was an unexpected and beautiful moment, at the center of an all-around lovely day. We are all very happy for the two of you, and eagerly anticipate another fabulous wedding chez Martinez!


You are a very handsome couple, and were first in my prayers this morning,


Love,
Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sven, the pictures are wonderful. Also, our thanks to Sylvia and Tim for and incredible party...we really enjoyed our Easter at your beautiful home. Best of all, thanks to Elsa and Pat for providing a truly memorable highlight. We wish you and Pat the very best!

Uncle Alex