Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Did ya notice at Modus?


I don't go out that much anymore. I am 34 years old. I already work enough in the nightclub industry for the past few years that I am fine not going out often. That said, when my fellow model, Michelina James turned a charmingly young 25 - gee, almost a decade younger than me!! - and invited Patrick and I to a newish lounge bar in Banker's Hill, we decided what the hey.

I took the opportunity of inviting an old friend, Richele - whom I hadn't seen since I moved out of Hillcrest at the end of May. Pursuing her Master's degree, and quite busy herself, I was most pleased that she could join us. Patrick, meanwhile, also invited his old roommate and friend, Charlie.

Now, the lounge bar, Modus, was certainly my type of metrosexual kind of place: Dark, mood lighting, and good eclectic DJ (if overpriced fru-fru cocktails to go along with it.)

After a bout of catching up between Richele and I, we all started feeling that 2nd drink and Richele started getting fiesty. Next we knew, I had out my camera, Patrick was buzzed enough to actually pose dramatically for pictures, and Richele started laying into gentleman Charlie. Polite guy Charlie's reactions and responses were priceless! It was a lot of fun with my boyfriend out drinking, out lasting, and out talking the lot of us - even if he was the oldest by far!

Click on pic and watch the night's progression on slideshow!!

No comments: