Sunday, September 05, 2010

Bay-Area Araiza-Love

I had the good fortune to visit some extended family in the Bay Area a couple weeks ago. I stayed with my Aunt Nora and Uncle David at their garden villa in Oakland - - just l-o-v-e-l-y and so relaxing. They became grandparents (insert angel chorus “ahhhhh” here) this year when both their children became first-time parents with their spouses.

In addition to wanting to see all of them and their babies, my other cousin Maddy also had her first baby and lives nearby. I got such a kick to see my closest cousins as parents. These cousins to me were practically my best friends growing up – that’s what happens when you have strict, protective parents who don’t let you hang out with school kids or at the mall like others did or spend the night at friends' houses. Which is fine in this case – my childhood with these cousins was fun, wonderful and full of laughter and fond memories!

Very special to me this particular weekend was that I also got to spend a lot of time talking with my sweet Aunty Nora and my generous Uncle David – who not only put me up but threw a garden party for all the cousins, spouses, and babies to come. Also visiting were my sister Sylvia and her husband Tim who brought along some of his family who live nearby.

What a loving afternoon we had. I felt incredibly centered just after the 2 days – and had 2 nights of some appreciated and restful sleep. Thanks, again, to the Northern Cal Araiza-contingent - I love you all very much!
Click on slideshow below:
Bay Area Familia

No comments: