Wednesday, February 19, 2014

RIP Leonard Knight of Salvation Mountain

I found out that gentle Leonard Knight son who spent roughly 25 years building his artistic Salvation Mountain, AKA God's Mountain in Niland, Imperial Valley, finally succumbed to cancer on February 10. I had the pleasure of going with Patrick 3 times to this magical place. I will always remember it fondly for several reasons. My previous blogs in 2007 and 2010 already wrote of my description and experiences here.
I of course will thank Patrick for introducing me to it first. And here are clips from my youtube channel - look how little Ciara looks! Watch minute 1:40-to the end to get Leonard's love and joy for mankind and God. Leonard was known around the world. National Geographic and museums had featured him and his Mountain in the middle of nowhere. But he is also immortalized in one of my Top 10 favorite films of all time, "Into The Wild". Sensitively directed by Sean Penn and featuring a fabulous Kristen Stewart before her lackluster "Bella the Vampire" days and the uber-talented Emile Hirsch: Here is the Italian edit that I love of the movie: RIP, Leonard. God Bless you for the beauty and joy through God's Love that you brought so many...