Thursday, November 15, 2007

"Pretty in Pink"- Runway for a Cause..

Been working a lot of Fall runway shows lately. In September I was hired again this year (see blog from last year here) to do the Charity Runway show for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer/La Jolla MD Spa gala. Held again at the lovely La Jolla hotel, La Estancia, we again showcased Danish designer, Isabell Kristensen based in Monaco.Unlike last year - she wanted us to also do a bathing suit and lingerie (eek!) portion of the show. Well, after much hub-bub and me trying not to eat carbs for a week (I already barely eat carbs), I was chosen to only have to wear 1 bathing suit and no lingerie... the rest were regulated to the younger models from ages 17-24.
Even better - the day of the show, they took me out of my 1 bathing suit and gave it to an African American model with better.... um..assets.Plenty of money was rasied for a great cause and I wish I could have seen the look on all the umm, mainly Caucasian older affluent crowd, when the show started and some girls with thongs came out. Whew!

Click below to see yours truly "work it out" and open the gown segment of the show :)
http://video.nbcsandiego.com/player/?id=157252
AND to see some more footage including some familiar faces from elsamart's blog and some of the bathing suits and lingerie please click on link below and click on each icon box to view the short video clips.
http://www.letsplaydowntown.com/SanDiego/SDFashion/PrettyinPink/media_Frameset_PrettyinPink.html

No comments: