Monday, June 29, 2009

San Diego Yacht Club


I love being outdoors. If one hasn't noticed.

In early June my dear friend, Jaimie, invited me to Wednesday night sailing with him and friends. I, of course, said 'yes'.

I've gone sailing before. My brother, Gabriel, is a sailor. Not by profession hahaha. But he knows how to sail boats up to 40 feet or more - I cannot recall. We have had some nice times out with him, family or friends throughout the years.

I also used to learn back as a kid to sail - waaayyy back when one Summer in 4-H club.

Well, what J failed to tell me was that every Wednesday are the SD Yacht Club RACES (!) This was no pleasure sunset cruise - but an actual RACE. I am not against pulling my weight and know basics about rigging and tacking but man, there was pressure due to its being a competition.

I brought my camera and got a few shots, but really..they just put me to work onboard. HA ha/

Good times. Thanks, J :)

Click on slideshow below to see my beautiful pics!

Sailing Sunsets

No comments: