Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sunset Drama


Earlier this month I had driven out to the desert to 'get away' 2 weekends in a row. I have been working so much, even Saturdays - - that to get away after work even though for only about 24 hours - was so good for me.

I actually love long drives out in Nature - the first weekend I saw the amazing desert valley sunsets and revelled in it. It is my favorite time of day - going back to as a kid riding my Arabian horse and staying out as long as possible before having to return home at dark. I love that magical transition from day to night. Always have, always will.

The following weekend I did not fail to bring my camera. Sitting on the passenger seat next to me on the way home I pulled over to shoot and then simply breathe in the sky.

I followed the lowering sunset as long as possible in my car that Sunday...eventually losing my race with it as it disappeared quietly behind the mountain range.... Beautiful. Alone and basking in that kind of glory of Mother's Nature utterly feeds my soul...

click on slideshow below -
Desert Valley Sunsets

2 comments:

cjcrash said...

Some very nice photos Miss Elsa.

Elsa Martinez said...

that is nice of you to say, Miss Caren - I wish you and yours well :)