Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pride 2010

I rarely have a Saturday off – but, as in years past, I made things work out that I could attend the first part of the day in July at the Pride Parade in Hillcrest. My partners-in-crime were the usual suspects: Richele and Shannon. We do the same every year: walk around a bit to people watch, watch about an hour of the long, colorful parade and then head over for our splurge of Nachos and a Kick-A** Margarita at Baja Bettys. This has become a bit of a tradition - - it’s also the only location I let myself have a strong drink (they have their name for a reason) (!) One does me in – lightweight that I am. I had to go to work later in the afternoon – painfully lethargic after the sun and calorie-intake…

It is worth mentioning that not far after Pride here was marked the ruling in San Francisco regarding gay marriage. There may be good and bad ones, but I agree that having a good, healthy, respectful and loving matrimony should be everyone’s right to pursue. Amen and good luck to us all!

click on slideshow below:
Pride 2010

No comments: