Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer 2010

This summer has been so busy that I am really back-(b)logged. Not only did we recently buy and move into our new home but what with all the flip-it and home decor shows we used to watch a couple years back, Patrick and I gave our North Park condo a complete overhaul that at times kept us there after work until late night and all day on weekends. What we thought would take 2 weeks stretched out to about 5. Although I am pretty darn proud of the work we put in (and we saved mucha mula $$ doing it ourselves) we were mighty glad when it was all done and we had it rented.

Now I love our new country house so much that I already know P and I are adapting a serious homebody syndrome - - there is so much to do, our yard will eventually boast a garden of vegetables, trees and more to compliment the several large rose bushes I already tend to. Plus, we love being out with the Bassett and Cat in the yard, enjoying the dusk's Golden Hour, and grilling and eating dinner outside in the lovely summer evenings.

That said, I HAVE pulled myself away from Casa Merritt just a little this summer for some outings that I'd like to commemorate on this blog. Some pics and stories to follow. Happy Summer, all!

No comments: