Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pilar Macchione Couture on KUSI news


click on the following link to see the news segment: http://www.kusi.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=5700535&flvUri&partnerclipid

I modeled on Sunday morning for Pilar Macchione - - whom I think is a wonderful, young talent. The dress I have on is inspired by Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven" - a favorite dark poet of mine and it also was the dress I modeled for her in the first runway show I did for her at Xmas time. I told her that if I wasn't planning on being cremated that I'd want to be buried in it - - it suits my hour-glass figure just fine and the shoulder feather and garnish is exquisite. It's even amazingly comfortable to wear!

I also appreciate the shout-out twice of my name - once from Leonard and then by Pilar pronouncing it as 'El-za' like my German brother-in-law does. :)

Lastly, look for my Tyra Banks 'bam' moment at 2:34 when I give a backview of the gown and a 'bam!' look perfectly on the beat over my shoulder right into camera. Not everyone gets it but modeling is all about beats - - my music foundation, once again, comes in handy.

It's always amusing to model on TV - - the lighting is iffy at best and the cameraman gets right up to you and almost knocks you down on the platform for his closeups. I know I do a good job, though - have been doing it a long time and personality, being relateable and accessible are my strong points. Again - a lifetime of performing makes me say before I start, "know your audience!" Especially for the very young teen models with me... ! ;) They'll learn in time...

No comments: