Saturday, April 02, 2011

Q Couture - Abdul Qadir Hamidi

One kindred spirit in the designer world that I am most happy to have met just over a year ago is Abdul Qadir Hamidi. Originally from Afghanistan, Qadir now lives in Golden Hills. I feel like his designs are like wearing art - - the ethnic textures he uses and materials are amazing - - one of my favorites is his dress made from a burlap sack - - yes, I have modeled a burlap sack. I am so pleased to be involved in his projects this year and decided I am going to post some pictures of his work - some even from last year that never got up at the W Hotel taken by my husband. I am doing a lot with Qadir this year and just adore his energy - a beautiful and generous soul!

Here's a plug for his website full of my model friends: www.qadirhamidi.com

See me open his runway segment in June of 2010 wearing what I call the "Madonna 1980s Wedding Dress" - - http://www.qadirhamidi.com/bloodbank.html

Click on picture below for some older pics in his shows that I had not yet published:
Q Designs

No comments: