Saturday, October 28, 2006

Pasandole en Peru...



Patricio (I deem using his name in spanish appropriate for this blog) and I had the good blessings to make a sojourn (my 2nd, his first) to Peru in October. Now, I know some of you (my family included) are asking yourself why the heck did I go for a 2nd time. Well, I have to admit that I wasn't planning on it, but Patricio really wanted to do the Incan Trail Hike - and I didn't tackle that the last time I went in 2001. (Also, I must give kudos to my airline Visa which gave us a free trip down there - the only feasible way we made it down there on my limited budget.)

There is nothing like adventurous travel and having someone special along for the ride! Read further for a more-detailed account and pictures - Diviertense!!! Enjoy!!

PS - alas, for those of you who are looking for pictures of it: Patricio wasn't game enough to try the national delicacy of 'cuy' - guinea pig, which is served completely whole on a plate (head, legs and all) but the national cocktail, the Pisco Sour, was muy delicioso!!

2 comments:

D said...

Wow Elsa, I'm impressed you were both able to acclimate to the altitude so rapidly. I was only able to make it to almost 13,ooo feet w/ a massive headache when I spent 1 week in yosemite.

So, does your cocoa leaf tea drinking beat out pot brownies.?

Elsa Martinez said...

Hey! I hadn't even sent the link out yet to you gals! Well, I never tried those pot brownies that scandalous Jenn and Heather made while u and I were away in San Diego that weekend!!! (I still feel like I need to say a novena...)