Friday, October 20, 2006

A Decision Made


Let's get this straight. This blog is not going to be written with the motive of solely entertaining. I could certainly go that route - and those who know me know how detailed my stories are - but at this point I prefer it just to be some sort of memoir or outlet for myself. Can it be that Elsa is taking baby steps at being conventional??


The last 6 months my life started a new chapter. It was inevitable. Time for a Big Move. Like I am fond of saying, "It's All a Decision Made". I moved away from my beloved gay town, Hillcrest, after 7 years of fitting in with the 'misfits' and unconventional people. And just where did I land but in east county - land of the born-again chiristians - in a cul-de-sac with a yard, a view of a lake, and a canyon for Jordy-the-Cat to play in. Whew! A year ago I never would have believed it!


That said, here I am: a 34-year-old Queen on her Throne living alone with her fat cat on her lap and her bedroom-turned-yoga/meditation room. Who would have thought it??.

What's more, six months and counting I've also been blessed to be in a relationship with a supportive, unique, brilliant-minded beau - but 'more on him later'... :)


There have been many changes this year. Many changes in my thought patterns and my perspectives. But, as usual, I have never taken the easy route on anything and I am not going to lie that it has not been an extremely difficult time to get here. That said NO ONE appreciates what they have worked for more than this woman...

No comments: