Thursday, May 03, 2007

Felicidades que soy Vieja!

Today I woke up no longer in the coveted advertising demographic age group of 18-34 (GASP!) That's okay, I'm taking my graying hair and big, pretty (although blind) eyes and moving on to the milestone of thirty-five. Three-five. Three decades and one half-decade. 3-5.

Lord, I'm just tickled pink at how young I still am in so many ways. My mamma left me a message today saying that I am a 'beauitful child.' (????!!!!) Well, that says it all! I know I am the youngest and all in my family of 8 but I've done pretty damn good for myself spiritually, mentally and physically. Just haven't got the money thing down yet but perhaps it's because I've never cared. he he he

God-willing I've another 35 to go! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elsa! Happy belated birthday. Don't forget your thirties are the new twenties, or at least that's what I'm telling myself these days... Have a fab time in Ireland, can't wait to see photos! Un abrazo,
Noey

Anonymous said...

Belated birthday wishes, Elsa. I remember you as a rather petulant child, happy one moment, sulking the next (of course, you were the "baby", center of the Martinez universe), but you certainly are not that anymor.e You are a poised and lovely woman who radiates goodwill and a charming interest in all you encounter. Carry that with you to Ireland . . . you should fit in nicely with that poor, hardscrabble people who cling tenaciously to their love of a good time and intense feelings of loyalty and brotherhood. Not far different from Mexicans!

Have a safe and pleasant trip outwardly and a peaceful journey inward. Our best to Patrick, too. We look forward to really meeting him in August.

love, Aunt Nora and Uncle David

Anonymous said...

hope you had a happy! i was busy watching the midnight spidey 3! woo hoo!

i'll be in san diego again for comic con. planning stuff already. cant wait!

take it light...

Anonymous said...

Alas, Elsa, all too many of us are pushing past 40 these days. Can't believe you're so old, but still so beautiful. Have a wonderful trip to Ireland, enjoy the green, the food, and have a Guiness for us,

The Hickeys

Anonymous said...

Hi Elsa!!

How's it going?? Happy Birthday!!! I saw Gabe today and I was telling him that I was flipping thru the San Diego Magazine and I always look at those pages that have pictures from local parties or something just too see if maybe I will recognize someone and low and behold I saw you!! I'm like hey that's Elsa!! So yeah just wanted to let you know...that's when he also told me it was your bday. Anyways....have fun and sending you lots of great birthday wishes!

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Elsa! I hope your hottie is taking you out on the town!
-Aunt Eileen