Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Final day - Sedona

Alright, alright. I know: I am very far behind in blogging these last 2 months. The ironic thing is that I have tons of subject matter in my head to write about, but it's been busy lately. That or my pretty, but blind eyes were just not letting me be on a computer for more than a few minutes without the utmost pain.
 
So, back to the 3rd and final day of Patrick and my roadtrip to Arizona. We woke up to a beautiful, crisp but not freezing like the previous morning in Sedona. After a hearty meal we set out to do some hiking and picture-taking.
 
I have to admit I like a bit more warmth like my previous trip, but the rocks were still red, and P was happy with the clouds in the sky which gives his pictures some extra texture.
 
Admittedly, we didn't spend enough time in Sedona to enjoy it as much as I did the first time I had been there. P was duly unimpressed with the supposed 'vortexes' and twisted trees (resulting from their energy) - - saying it was all new-age believers and Democrats that believe that stuff hehehe. Before we hit the road home we stopped at a very cool store with knick knacks and home decor imported from Mexico, Asia and also made right there from the Native Indians. We lost ourselves in that place for an hour - I bought 3 small, brightly colored overpriced wooden Mexican crosses - I love stuff like that. Ethnic, bright - cool... An enjoyable time with a quicker drive home. So glad we did our little getaway.
 

No comments: