Monday, December 31, 2007

XMAS Day

 Christmas Day is always extra special since it's my mom's birthday as well (who more appropriate to share Baby Jesus' birthday than my very religious mamma?)

So, celebrating my mom's 69th along with the holiday was just my immediate family at my parents' home in Bonita. A yummy mimosa brunch, followed by a late-afternoon tamale lunch, games, stories, and the unveiling of the annual family and grandkids gift: a top-of-the-line foosball table. We felt this was a great gift as we grew up with 2 foosball tables as Xmas gifts when we were kids. Of course they were extremely cheap versions but I'll tell you - - we played those things with heads, legs, handles falling off until the whole table buckled down and died. As one can imagine, even though the grandkids all play soccer and said, "wow" - - the Uncles and Aunts took it over right from the start playing 2 on 2. I don't know how my sister Ceci talked my mom into letting us keep the big thing at her house but it is definitely great to have!

  I was extra pleased this year because my boyfriend Patrick was in town as opposed to last year. He had joined me the night before for XMAS eve and then came in the afternoon to my mom's house with his daughter, Ciara and Fred-the-Basset. Any time being able to spend with my entire family as well as P and co. is a rare and true blessing to enjoy.

 
I love my big Martinez family so much. And I love my little Merritt duo so much too. I'm a blessed gal :)



Click below on slideshow for more pics!






XMAS 2007

No comments: