Sunday, March 02, 2008

Alleluyah...!!!

 After 2 decades of not even wanting to ever marry (or feeling I deserved to marry or anyone deserved me he he he) E has grown up a bit, been around the block a couple times and made some decisions about Life.

With not much fanfare she has talked it out with her Irishman and emerged this weekend wearing that traditional Irish promise ring, The Claddah Ring, on that left hand. At nearly 36, and a couple proposals later, all I can say is that in my humble but vocal opinion - marriage is not based on romance, sex, a diamond ring, or a pretty house together, but rather the commitment to be together and see each other at our best and worst and through it all be willing to take each other's hand and still keep walking forward. I know P has already seen me at my ugliest and my worst, thank God there won't be any surprises in THAT department he he he.

Jokes aside, my wise mother, a marriage counselor, once told me, "Marriage is a decision made, Elsa." I am so truly blessed and happy to announce that my Patrick and I came to that exact conclusion together. God is Great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elsa, congratulations on your engagement! I am SO happy for you and wish you and Patrick the best. What a wonderful event! Good luck with the move and please keep me posted on how things develop. Yay! - Kali

Anonymous said...

congrats elsa!!How exciting!!Is that the guy I met at the agency xmas party the year before last? -

:)Jennifer