Wednesday, November 04, 2009

"Fashion Hits a High Note"

I commented to Patrick lately that I am almost stressed out about how back=blogged I am on here. Especially in posting photo blogs on here and my picassa which is what I am using this blog for more than anything nowadays.

So, with that - PULEEASE forgive me barely posting things from months, maybe even years ago on here. I want it done!

This blog is about a fashion show I did last May - that was extra FANTABULOUS for me - - not only because the clothes and styling were exquisite and retro but because it benefited and took place on the beautiful San Diego Lyric Opera's stage at the Birch Theater in North Park. To model and do my thing in front of tons of theater and opera folk who know me for my voice and acting talents was a treat!Taken below is a press excerpt and photos are by Will Parsons. Wonderful!

Lyric Opera San Diego and Leonard Simpson presented “Fashion Hits a High Note” on Thursday, May 14 at the Birch North Park Theatre. The evening celebrated 30 years of Lyric Opera San Diego and the venue’s 80th year. Guests arrived on a red carpet that led into this beautifully remodeled theater, originally a movie house. This elegant event began with a delightful social hour and a fabulous silent auction with must-have items.

While Simpson, of Fashion Forward, produced the show. He is known for his high-tech runway shows and his drama. This show had one high note after another, combining fashion, singing and dancing.
The runway was not the typical catwalk. The models came out onto the stage and took turns walking down the left and right stairs into the aisles, showing off their stylish fashions. The highlight of the evening was a segment in which all the male models took off their shirts—the audience went wild. Lyric Opera San Diego brings in opera and musical theater productions with live orchestras and talented singers. Its mission is to create a vehicle in which young professionals can hone their craft alongside established artists.

Click on Slideshow below for more!
"Fashion Hits A High Note"

No comments: