Monday, March 22, 2010

6 month anniversary!



Ugh I have been so busy and tired that I just don't have time to blog or practice my photography. I sat down to write a blurb and realized that yesterday was our 6-month wedding anniversary ... whew!

It is amazing how much can happen in 6 months (eh - P?) There was a time, as you know, that 6 months felt an eternity to me.

I reflect on how my life is so different than before. Although I had given up a lot for others, I had still managed to do a lot that I wanted to pursue - even if it meant being poor but completely independent and proudly self-sufficient. I have never taken the easy way out. Now, all my decisions are based on how they affect my husband and stepdaughter - hell, even our animals.

And although this stubbornly independent Elsa struggles with conventional decisions and regretful hindsight at times, I am absolutely 100% at peace with having my Patrick as my life partner.

To my husband - I still get chills saying 'husband' out loud - I am so blessed to have you. So ready to have you at this point. Like I said once, "We have gone through too much to get here for this not to mean the world to us."

You mean so much to me. Thank you for everything you do for us.

Your loving wife - E

No comments: