Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ciara's Moment



I am a stepmom now - I know my family still kind of muses over that - me being the youngest of our family of 8 growing up...

For all the ups and downs of seeing a child struggle to survive and prosper in today's challenging world I love this little girl and, thank God, she loves me and approves of me with her dad.

I remember P and I holding back that we were dating - long ago - when she was only 7. She was so astute one day she finally asked me with exasperation in her voice, "You like my daddy, don't you, Elsa?"

me: trying to be nonchalant, "well, of course, I like him."

her: not to be suckered, "No...you REALLY like him. In fact, you're his girlfriend!!"

me: not sure if 6 months into the courtship could I admit it to her, "umm, well..."

her: being an astute/precocious child, "I'm not stupid, Elsa - it's SOOO obvious!"

We had not been even holding hands around her to protect her and break me in slowly - - holy cow!! mwahhahahaHAHHAAhahah!

Click on slideshow below to see some of our adventures that hadn't made it onto the blog previously....
Merritt Family - Ciara

No comments: