Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fashion Plates runway show


In late winter I walked the Fashion Plates runway show benefiting students who take home a backpack of food every weekend from The Food Bank in order to feed them until they get to school where they are fed breakfast and lunch by the State. Oh, yes - - there are starving kids in San Diego. Most of my teens qualify for the free lunches at my district but it was different to see the Caucasian-only contingent participate in the show and program that day. That said, good for the Food Bank!

I unfortunately deleted accidentally the professional photos from the show (drat! drat drat!) but luckily dear mom Teresa to young model Blayke had snapped away and we can see most of the show and enjoy the amazing backdrop set like a 50s diner.

I loved our opening Bettie Page looks - - you know Elsa loves period looks with her curvy hips!

Click on slideshow below!
Fashion Plates Runway Show

No comments: