Sunday, November 16, 2008

Macys Runway - part 2


So what the heck are these short videos of runway? They would be the Macys Spring INC Trunk Show back on my 36th bday in May 2008. I barely got them off the camera a couple months ago and am barely getting them on utube. I find them fun as they are not high-fashion but a good lesson in down-to-earth runway walking - meaning playing to the crowd, having a good time, and being able to have personality - Tyra Banks and Americas Next Top Model fans take note: as she got more established she was able to get away with standing out and having personality instead of 'straight modeling'. In San Diego with most of the runway shows we do here they actually like a lot of personality - which is, incidentally, the biggest reason I get work in shows down here - super tall and super skinny and super young: I am NOT, but personality and being able to 'sell the clothes' - I can do...
Click on slideshow below!
Macys Spring Trunk Show

No comments: