Friday, November 21, 2008

Macys Runway - part 3



Okay, allow me to point out 2 things on this clip of the Macy's INC Spring Trunk runway show from last May.

1). You may have noticed from the other clips from the same show on this blog that the person recording (mi querida mamma!) kept zooming in on my face - hello!!! When I finally saw these clips months later while trying to empty her camcorder - I exclaimed to her, "Why didn't you get more of my outfits?? Every clip is about my face - the show is about the clothes - not my face... And why not shoot more of the other girls???" Ahhh, it's the thought that counts :)

2). Also note the one girl she DID get footage of (only because the gal was almost always right behind me in the lineup order) was one of the 2 plus-size models from my agency. I want to point out that this is a true plus-size model. She is well proportioned, great face and personality and works a lot, I am sure (although she is a little short - shorter than me, even). When I think of that lame excuse of a size 8 "Plus-Size" Model Whitney who won Cycle 10 on America's Next Top Model - it makes me angry for all the true plus size models out there who represent plus size (which is a size 14 and up - not a size 8!!) It was like Tyra Banks thought she would be real PC by finally letting a plus size gal win - but Whitney was NOT plus size!

okay, I have spoken... good day ya'll :)

No comments: