Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Soprano Soars to New Heights with Circus


http://www.univision.com/content/video.jhtml?cid=1317242&channelName=Videos&_requestid=100611

Last week was such a difficult week for many here in San Diego and other parts of Southern CA due to the fires. I have been feeling sad for so many and definitely not up to writing on my blog.

That said- it's time to bring back a little bit of joy into our lives. Yesterday I received this from the mother of a young Latina actress, Denisse Gonzalez, whom I toured part of the country for a few months back in 2000 in the National Tour of the musical, "Selena Forever". Denisse played young Selena and already had an amazing voice for her age. She is now singing with Cirque De Soleil - what an honor!! - and performing around the world. Her mother sent this video clip of her interview recently on Univision. I imagine Denisse must be about 18 now and is as stunning as her voice - but I will always remember her as the young Selena, playing with dolls, singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and making us laugh with her vocal impersonations of Cher and Celine Dion.

Best Wishes and Congratulations

No comments: