Monday, February 11, 2008

"Donna Marsh" Grand Opening


This short runway model with Mexican hips blissfully still finds herself working in her mid 30s at some of San Diego's top fashion events. One of my latest was the Grand Opening of the Donna Marsh store in La Jolla on January 22.


More than 150 'must have' designers are featured in the store including: Badgley Mischka, Trina Turk, Tag Jeans, Marc Bower Glamit, Marissa Bartelli, and a mind boggling spread of unique jewelry, purses and more.
  It rained but it did not damper anyone's spirits. They actually closed the street of Fay Avenue for 1 block and set up a large white tent a la Fashion Week. With great lighting, a great runway, great food and cocktails - a party of 200 invitees was ready to start!
  Already culling a lot of fashionista buzz with her store in Palm Desert, this evening sealed the deal marking Donna Marsh as the 'go to' place to shop for San Diego's well dressed (especially since Saks Fifth Avenue closed in La Jolla).


  I loved the set-up for the evening and was pleased to 'walk' with some fellow model gal friends from my agency. I still do not know how it is that I work, and if you saw me in college at a size 12, with unplucked eyebrows you'd understand more. But I have learned how to walk well and how to present clothes and my biggest compliments at the end of the show was from Donna, herself, who said that I was her husband's favorite model since I danced and had the most fun up there.

  Good times, great store - not that I could afford to shop in it... :P

No comments: