Wednesday, October 15, 2008

TIffany's Jewelry Gig

 
This was from the summer, but I am barely getting it posted. That said, I am tickled that in my ever-evolving part-time career in modeling I added a couple fine jewelry clients to my roster.
 

This may mean nothing to you - and it shouldn't really as people are starving and dying in the world - but as amusement I post it because if you know me you know I have no use for expensive things and also I do not have exceptionally beautiful hands to model fine rings. In fact, I have the hands of a child - they are that small - in fact about the size of a 10 year old - not a woman of 36! I also can't afford to get my nails done, and I keep them short anyway for playing the piano. So like I said, I do not have exceptionally beautiful hands or an especially elongated neck to model necklaces. I do have great ears, small and delicate, with good lobes, for earrings, I am told heheheh. Phew!
 
Enough self-deprecation! I must have had something that inspired them to hire me, right? he he he. This particular job was for Tiffany's in Fashion Valley. My gorgeous young accompanying model was Aviva. I must admit that high-end jewelry is the biggest waste of money in the world to me. I do not say it to offend friends and readers who value such things, but I just couldn't spend so much money on baubles when I can help someone through a charity or autistic research.

We had 3 jewelry changes each and I felt nervous wearing things of such monetary value. We also had to have a security guard stand with us the whole time and follow us if we walked around to show the pieces. My last change was a million dollars in total of jewels - that is a whole lotta pesos and pretty insane to comprehend when you have been poor your whole life. I played the part, though - smiling graciously, posing for the pictures and letting admirers and potential rich Mexican clientle touch and ask questions about each piece.

Truly....it's another world that I could never live in. And to be honest, some of it looks no different to my untrained eye than 'fake' jewelry that I buy for less than 50 bucks at some Hillcrest boutique....sigh.

Click on slideshow below for more pics :)
Tiffany's Gig

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

forget the jewels - are those dresses yours? They are gorgeous!

Elsa Martinez said...

they WERE gorgeous dresses and well made too :)! Believe it or not, Tiffany's in Fashion Valley dry cleans them and keeps them in the back where they pull them out for whatever models they hire to wear during in-store modeling events and parties. I didn't fill them out as well as my um, enhanced modeling partner - she really looked amazing! I forgot who the designer was of them now but I remember the client saying they purchased them at Neiman Marcus.

Elsa Martinez said...

oh and last editors note: The pictures featured on this blog entry were taken off the 944.com San Diego website - kudos to that photographer :)