Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmastime is Near

 
I have in my head right now the Harlem boys chorus' recording of "Christmastime is Here" on the famous Charlie Brown Christmas TV special. I love how the boys, although blessed with lovely, angelic voices (that only kids can have) still don't quite always make it to the pitch of the notes they are singing. It comes off as flawed, and slightly out-of-tune - - and, yet: it is perfect in its warmth and intention - out-of-tune notes and all :)
 
I am posting these pictures from last December of us decorating at P's house with his daughter and dog. It's a year late, but I actually never even saw these photos until about 2 months ago as Patrick has so many pictures now that he never gets around to showing anyone. I think they are lovely and worth posting.
 
We were fooling around with one of P's cameras (perhaps it was new, I don't remember). My man had on his pea coat that showcased his rugged handsomeness and I managed to get some photos of him that I thought really captured a lot going on behind his dark eyes and demeanor - something that every photographer should aspire to, I think.... :) Happy Holidays for now!
Click on slideshow below!
Xmastime 2007

No comments: