Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Retro Elsa


Modeling for quite a few years now I've had my hair and makeup done in many ways. Not all of it works well with my ethnic features (read: my Basque nose and big bedroom eyes). But once in a while the stars align and voila! I come out with something that tickles me pink!
 
This video was shot after modeling bridal gowns all weekend in Orange County. I returned to have dinner at my parents and where I am caught on camera (oh man - I didn't mean to sound bossy - I was being silly) modeling my 1920s 'do and makeup.

Upon returning home to Patrick he broke out his camera like he usually does when I come home full of hair and makeup to shoot some impromptu shots. I love these shots as they remind me of an old picture I've seen of my grandmother Araiza looking as glamorous as possible in the heat and dirt of Mexico posing Hollywood style for the camera = = I obviously got a little bit of flair from her - amidst the modesty we were brought up with heheheh :) I'd also like to thank Patrick for his shots of me - they are fun and show a bright side of me that doesn't shine as often as it used to..
Click on slideshow below for more!
RetroElsa

No comments: