Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Araiza Nose



The other day I caught Patrick staring at me intently. Now, thinking (since he is in love with me and all), that he was simply admiring and dreamily staring at the woman of his affections: I coyly asked, "What is it?"

"Did you get a nose-job?" was his gallant reply.

**(Sound of needle scratching a record.)**

"WHATTTTT???!!" I demanded with my love and affection quickly disappearing and replaced by an overwhelming feeling of self-consciousness.

"You have a bump on your nose," my grand Love, my heart's Dreamboat replied.

"For your information, you are referring to my Basque nose that all of us got from my mom's side of the family: the Araizas."

I was sweating. I was offended. I was shocked: How could he NOT see how beautiful and full of character my nose was??? Didn't he know how all us Araizas have been teased about it over the years?? I used to suffer over my nose until I started modeling years ago and clients LOVED it. Gay clients even. Stating it was 'refined', 'classic', 'ethnic'. It totally puts my facial features out of proportion and I LOVE it!!!

"My Darling," I pointed out demurely to Patrick, "One does not get a nose-job to HAVE a bump on the bridge of their nose, but to get rid of one..."

No comments: