Saturday, November 18, 2006

Happiness is....Jordy-the-Cat

 
If I hadn't met Patrick I definitely would have been one of those crazy spinster cat ladies.
My gato is named Jordy - after Jordy La Forge (yes, the black blind guy in Star Trek Next Generation - you nerds). My sister, Sara, uber Trekkie, gave him that name as she was the one who rescued him as a kitten from the pound over 5 years ago. Unfortunately her German uber tomcats were beating up poor baby Jordy so she gave him to me.

He since has become as crazy and loving as his momma. Surviving several moves within Hillcrest area, breakups, crazy friends, even crazier house parties, and a neighbor pushing his PSYCHO mean purebred cat to move in with us cus he couldn't take it anymore - Jordy has remained at my side, (or under my bed since he's a little skittish around everyone else). We have our own language - short, clipped 'fay' meows. He also brilliantly is trilingual - understanding english, spanish and italian commands. He jumps on the piano when I sing and play. He likes to be spooned at night (keeps me warm during winter since I don't have money to put on the heater) and he supports me 100% - when my weight fluctuates, so does his. I love coming home to him and hearing his nails click on the hardwood floor as he runs to greet me. He, like all pets, loves unconditionally. It truly is amazing. Jordy is one of my happiness' in life. :)

No comments: