Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Words: 1 Fine Example


So be it:

hit me across the head with a crowbar
if that is all I am good for so far.
At least until you get out of this Mess.

And I will pretend
that I don't know of your Sins.
- until you are ready to confess them.
But all the time.
All this time:
I'll know.

And you could use this skin
to bury secrets in.
For I know how to settle you down.

And at my own suggestion:
I won't ask no questions.
I'll just do my thing in the background.
But all the time.
All this time:
I'll know.

Baby, we can't grow while she is still around...

So.
For the time being
I'm being:
patient.

And amidst this bitterness
if you'll just consider this -
even if I don't always make sense
all the time.
Well, damn - give it time.

For when the crowd and ghosts become your burden
and you've early closed your red curtain
I'll be waiting by the backstage door...

And while you try to find
the lines to speak your mind
and pry it open in hopes of an encore
- just remember it may get too late,
for me to wait
for you to find you really love me
and to be able to mean it so.

Hell.
It's okay.
No need to say it.
I'll know....

3 comments:

Patrick said...

If you never saw it before how can you expect to see it ever. Maybe all you ever had to do was wipe your lens clean and really look for the first time. Maybe it was all ways in focus, and the lens was just dirty from never cleaning it.

Elsa Martinez said...

see what I mean? How could I NOT fall in love with you when you have this gift of profoundness and creativity in your writing??

PS Even if, when we first met, I mistook certain phrases as your own!!!

Elsa Martinez said...

PPS - my glasses are always dirty (nothing helps the botched up Lasik surgery I had anyway) and I just realized I left my contacts at your house last night....