Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Love Words


Yes, we learn to read. (all sorts of things)
Yes, we like to listen to songs. (some of us are even talented enough to sing them).
Yes, some of us can even read and sing in....more than 1 language. (I am totally down with that).

So what is the common denominator in all this?!

Words.


It's the words, my dears, that move me.

In songs I am a lyric person.
I love poetry.
If I come across a phrase (no matter how small) that moves me, I jot it down in my planner.
While reading books I am known to underline passages that signify something to me - good or bad.
Since 14, I have been writing my thoughts down - that is 20 years of a lot of things in Elsa's head.

One of my greatest Loves in life will always be: WORDS.
One constant in my Life - for there are few, kids - will always be: WORDS.

I love the art of being able to make a reader feel - good, passion, bad, laughter, exciting, love, sadness, anger, depression - through words.

I am known to well-up mid-song at the piano, unable to continue on because the lyrics move me too much and I have a lump in my throat.

I've also been known to esteem certain men's words so much that I fall in Love.

It is my perogative that I highly regard writers above our President.

It's all for me: I don't expect anyone to get it.

6 comments:

Patrick said...

That's all fine Elsa, but never forget actions speak louder than words...

Elsa Martinez said...

my dear - my actions when it comes to you are pretty damn good!

Secondly, I have to totally disagree on this one: certain words and how they are used or written speak VOLUMES to me. Actions are fine, but you've no idea what certain prose can do to me. I can lose myself in 3 words.

Like I said: I don't expect everyone to get it...

Elsa Martinez said...

PS - my darling republican: President Bush - NOT good with words. And I don't like his actions, either!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Elsa-I'm the 80s queen and I dance like Elaine from Seinfeld I get sooo excited when 80s music is on! Thanks for including me in your blog announcement-it sounds like you are in love with a good guy and happy :) I love seeing all your photographs Miss Model :) Kendra

Elsa Martinez said...

OH MY GOSH! KENDRA AKA Goonie!! I am so flattered you checked my silly blog out - I'm afraid it's only going to get sillier - but it's a way to keep up with my life, I suppose.... HOW THE HECK R U??!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elsa-Wow! You are getting so hi-tech! I have been swamped with weddings (my weekend photography business) and I don't even have my website or blog up yet! I've had 3 weddings in San Diego this year and my 1st Mormon one in La Jolla next Sat.--a lot more in the OC!--I started it part-time but it's hard to find a free weekend now! At my October wedding there was this priest from Cerritos --he was like a comedian priest from that monte movie made in the UK. I need to ask the bride for the vid cuz I was trying not to laugh during the vows :) I can't believe you and Patrick are so into photography :) That's awesome (yep totally 80s :) Your fashion pix are BEAUTIFUL! Do you watch project runway? I love how the designers have to come up with something out of garbage, plants, etc. and they do it! It's neat to keep up with you thru your blog :)
This week I was super busy at my regular job (2 videos due and computer CRASHing constantly due to 2 little Bugs!) and I remembered the blog u wrote about taking time out for the little/simple things like smelling flowers. This world is so 24/7 people forget to enjoy the moment they're in. Sometimes just getting a cup of coffee, taking a nap, or a hot shower seem like ordinary things --but when you actually stop to enjoy the moment, step off the hamster wheel-- they are OUTTAthisworld GOOD :) Keep up your blog, it's COOL chica! Kendra