Sunday, April 15, 2007

80s Song of the Week - Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams are made of This"

Good Lord - I am long overdue on posting a blog revealing my 80s Song of the Week. *Sigh* Please forgive. I just got back into town tonight and have a splitting headache. But I feel much better listening to the very kick-ass expressive yet soothing alto voice of Annie Lennox from "Eurythmics". LOVE HER and this song is practically synonymous with the 80s. The video is strange, and creative and she looks fabulous with her signature short crew-cut and pale, pale British complexion. She was definitely a pioneer, and can claim to have one of the first videos portraying androgyny. I love how her movements are fierce, and move on the downbeat of each phrase in a very dramatic way while her partner (and ex boyfriend) Dave Stewart keeps up with the musical rhythm of the synthesizer. For his part, Stewart was very innovative with his production techniques in all their songs. This musical duo had many major hits and I still enjoy their unique sound of intelligent pop. I just never understood the part about the cow...
Enjoy!

No comments: