Monday, June 18, 2007

Someone, Please HELP ME!!



I finally will admit it: I need help. Advice. Prayers.

I have been living now for years with him.

And I almost can't take it anymore.

He has turned into such a vicious monster...

My cat, Jordy, has turned into a mass murderer!!
Now since I have had him as a big kitten of several months he has occasionally brought to our doorstep a bird. But in the last 2 weeks he averages 2 kills a day!!! And now that he has a swinging-cat-door so he can enter and exit my house as he pleases, he BRINGS his kill inside!

It's bad enough to know he's doing it, but to have to see mangled pieces of bird, lizards, small field mice, larger rats and gophers - enough is enough! I have found piles of feathers, decapitated heads of a mouse or bird, a single bird leg and claw, or the tail of a lizard. I've managed to capture and save 2 birds and 2 lizards and set them free outdoors, but it's difficult. Jordy has gotten fatter so I know he is eating most of his kill. But it's nasty and unhygienic!

This weekend was the kicker when he woke me up in the middle of the night, jumping on my bed (he usually sleeps with me a couple hours) and on top of me (I was under the covers) I see a small mouse dangling by his tail from Jordy's mouth!!

"Bad, Jordy!!!" I yelled angrily at him for bringing it on my bed. To which he opened his mouth and dropped the mouse - which turned out to be still alive!!

I let out a blood curdling scream. I am not scared of mice by any means, but I didn't expect it to be ALIVE and it could have jumped at my face or gone under the covers!! Instead it jumped sideways off the bed and scuttled across the hall to the other bedroom. Jordy promptly jumped off the bed after the mousey and I stood up not knowing what to do. The mouse was tiny and quick - there was no way I'd catch him, and he probably ran into my closet - even harder. I figured there was nothing I could do, so I shut my door to keep Jordy out, and the rest of the night listened to him in the other room trying to capture the poor wee thing.

Is it my fault? I am hardly home and feel guilty leaving Jordy alone so often so I had bought him a few months ago an expensive cat door. Or did I bring it on buying him in assorted colors catnip mice to play with???

This is getting ridiculous! I thought I could secure the door so he doesn't leave at night - he tends to kill more often then. But cats are nocturnal and that is when they are awake (he sleeps almost all day). I realize that he is proud of his kill and trying to 'share' it with me (I read that years ago) - but it has become pretty gross!

Any advice from anyone???
Jordy-the-Culprit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

E, all i know is that he loves you! I'm not a cat person, so I don't know. -D