Saturday, June 30, 2007

80s Song of the Week - Madonna "Lucky Star"


You better work! This was the first huge single I remember of Madonna back when I was in Jr. High. What can I say? The woman is STILL going strong! But NOTHING compares to how big she was in the 80s...

I loved her in the 80s! I love that gay men love her! I love her big, ethnic eyes with 80s eyeliner! I love this video - I remember learning the choreography to it! I love how she incorporated her dance training into it - basic steps, not major, polished dance routines that came later. I Love that she was one of the few who could pull off teased hair tied up in a bow on the top of her head. I love her rolling around on the floor. I love that people now do get how scandalous and sexy and provocative she was for that time!! I mean Madonna was HUGE!! Everyone dressed and did their hair like either her or Duran Duran in the 80s. Say what you want, I respect her for her longevity and uniqueness. I still love her older stuff :)

No comments: