Monday, June 30, 2008

The Bikram Yoga Experiment - The Conclusion






If you read my blog last week, you understand that I was going to take a week worth of classes of the very hot Bikram Yoga since my knee and hip injuries were acting up and I couldn't do regular exercise.

Well, I completed 6 days out of 7 of the Bikram classes at the Kearny Mesa location. I only took off Friday because I was working a lot like that day and my injured left leg was feeling weak and needed a break.

These are my results - a loss of 5 pounds of water weight. A definite toning of the stomach and lower back area. My knee is doing much better and I feel fabulous over all. It was hard work - it takes a lot of time being a 1.5 hour class and I hate feeling that sweaty over all, and, yes, the room smells of musty, stinky sneakers... but I cannot deny how awesome I feel after 1 week. I really do believe it is the best kind of yoga out there, the heat just allows your body to stretch further than I've ever been able to. It's hard work, no doubt, but I am so glad I got through it.

No comments: