Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Elsa's Song






There was a time in my life that I was a really, really talented singer. But I won't get into that now. I came across a couple videos of me singing on my high school mentor, Ron Bolles, website. I was invited to sing the past couple years for his charity scholarship event that he and his wife, Reina, put on.

The first year I sang an Italian aria by Puccini called "La Canzone di Doretta" (Doretta's Song). I had come straight from doing a runway show (hence the hair and makeup) and not only missed my run-through rehearsal in the late afternoon due to my show but I sounded dangerously not warmed-up. This is a tough song - - glad I got through it :)

Then last spring I first sang back up for classmate Ryan Baloy and then sang a duet from the Tony award-winning musical, "The Light in the Piazza" by Adam Guettel. I sang with my high school sweetheart, Joey Altbaum - -again, I chose a vocally and technically difficult song to prove I still had the chops. It is a stunning, gorgeous and melodic song. It kills me that they did not post the entire song but just did a video melody of snippets from the entire evening. Utter disappointment.

That said, I should document them so my momma and family can watch them. The link is
http://www.bollesartsinternational.com/ and you need to click on "Concert '08" and click on my name halfway down the program. Then to watch "Concert '09" click on it and watch the video medley - I am towards the end singing with Joey.

I haven't decided yet if I am going to sing this year. I know it's a great cause and a wonderful excuse to sing - - but I am so busy nowadays. We shall see...

No comments: