Sunday, February 28, 2010

Olympic-Mania

I say it with every one that comes every few years - I LOVE The Olympics!! I sit here watching the closing ceremony of the 21st Winter Olympics in Vancouver and I love the opera singers, love the art production, love the very performance art-oriented preview of the next Sochi Winter Games in Russia, love the Visa commercials with voice-over provided by the eloquent Morgan Freeman, and love seeing the teary-eyed athletes. I even liked the uneven comedy at the end provided by (I come from a Trekkie family) Bill Shatner, Catherine O Hara (love her in Chris Guest movies) and of course, my beloved from my junior-high days: Michael J Fox. I am so proud of everyone involved - what a feat - what amazing strength and grace. Congratulations, to all the countries...

No comments: