Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Call of the Wild

The other day I once again heard my kitty Jordy growling at the upstairs window. He likes to sit all day at the top windows looking into the yard and canyon. It's like his TV.

Sure enough, the bob cat I saw a year ago was back. Actually, this time there were 2. They are so beautiful and they were right on the other side of our fence we erected to keep the coyotes out of our yard. That said, my cats jump the fence and go into the canyon daily so there really isn't stopping what is Meant to Be. I have my peace with it: I don't believe in keeping my cats in only indoors. They are happy. And they love to hunt.


Back to the bobcats - see previous blog here for my first encounter when we had just bought our house. This time around I quickly grabbed the Canon EF 300mm Telescopic lens that we had sitting on my Olympus EP Pen 2. That lens is huge and AWESOME! I got some quick amazing shots and I swear those cats posed for me. I did have to shoo them away, though, as it's not good for them to get too comfy around our house. They clearly weren't that scared of me - - I swear they know I was a cat in another life. That, or that I'm a Crazy Cat Lady (!) ;)

No comments: