Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Road to New York Couture Fashion Week


https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150321847241079

If you have Facebook, I think you can access the video above that I helped conceive for designer Pilar Macchione as she was invited to show her line at New York Couture Fashion Week for Fall 2011. You've seen my fashion blogs on here with me wearing her designs. I barely met her the first time modeling for her last December - a year ago and I can't believe how things took off for this talented young lady!

She asked for my help a bit knowing I was a professional model but she was a struggling up-and-coming designer and couldn't pay. I decided to waive some paychecks and model for her throughout the spring because I believed in her talent so much. Next thing we knew she was invited to show in New York Couture Fashion Week and needed to raise some serious mula to get there. In lieu of donating money that I don't have to her campaign I just modeled for free, helped with directing a publicity video (think of me as her on-screen coach) and helped out on some fashion show fund-raisers. I wore one particular dress so much the last few months that she actually started calling it the "Elsa Dress".
Many people (models, photographers, stylists and more) donated their time and money to help Pilar get to New York. It was stressful and we weren't sure if it was going to happen at times but it was a wonderful community effort to get a local gal from Solana Beach to New York. Here are some pictures of modeling on some the news and fundraiser shows on the Road to New York Couture Fashion Week. Click on slideshow below:
On the Road to New York Couture Fashion Week

No comments: