Thursday, January 24, 2008

Morning Beauty

Lately it's been raining - thank goodness, because we need it. It's been less than 3 months since we had the fires burn and ravage thousands of miles in San Diego and Southern CA last October (see some of my blogs on it here and here). Since then, one of morning rituals is to get up and say my morning prayers and ask to be blessed in the coming day in front of the window that faces Mt. San Miguel and Sweetwater - where fires came dangerously close (within 8 miles of my home) forcing me to pack up Jordy-the-cat and leave at 2am.

In the morning the mountain and view is always beautiful - sometimes it is shrouded with fog, sometimes the sky is cloudy with gray texture and other times it's already blue with the promise of a clear day. But my greatest curiosity and joy is that every single day I see green grass and nature beginning to sprout through all the charred blackness. It truly makes me smile and I always give it some mental encouragement. With the rains this week, the green growth has rapidly spread and increased - and with it so does my strength and belief in myself and my little problems and worries that, no matter what, as long as I have Faith in God and myself - Life goes on and new beauty is born and will always continue to grow... :)

No comments: