Monday, September 22, 2008

Casa de Carlos

 
Here is an extremely sexy photo of Heidi and Carlos from House of Blues on Friday night. After a very engaging discussion between her, Carlos, me and Pedro about foreign films - we had left that evening saying we would all get together and see one. I am the type who means it when I say, "we should keep in touch" and love people who follow through with their promises - and sure enough last night I found myself happily sitting with Heidi, her new friend Joel from Puebla, Mexico and Carlos - who hosted an amazing movie night complete with a meal he prepared that Heidi and I were in awe with.

"Your momma taught you right!" I exclaimed at first bite. Amazingly good. After some great conversation and yummy sangria that somehow I managed - light weight that I am - to drink 3 wine glasses of we started Carlos' foreign film choice - the Spanish remake of "Carmen" - think the French opera by Bizet.

Between being in awe of the period piece's costumes of the ridiculously gorgeous and voluptuous Spanish women's bosoms spilling out of open, peasant blouses and poking fun at Carlos who sat in awe of actress, Paz Vega, who was essentially undressed the whole film - it made for a a very entertaining evening. It could only have been made better by Alana (who was feeling poorly) and Pedro who were unable to attend.

I just want to point this out - I met Heidi scarcely 8 days ago, have seen her 3 times already. We both met Carlos on Friday night and within 3 days have seen him twice. Then she met Joel in her triathlon group only 3 days ago, brought him and now we met him and have plans on all getting together again - - this is exactly the kind of openness, friendliness and spontaneity that I pride myself on having and to be with like-minded people at this moment in my life- when I really need to grow and be strong - is something I am so thankful for. I am just tickled pink :)

Un abrazo a todos mis amigos nuevos!

No comments: