Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A little bit of (Achoo!!!) American Idol

Achoooooo!! DRAT. I am really sick. And I spent 2 hours waiting at Urgent Care today to see what was wrong with me. Yikes. I hate being sick - I can't sing, can't talk and can't work out. Total drag..

That said I DID get to enjoy the TV show "American Idol" and wanted to comment on its progress. Firstly, my picks for the Final Top 2 would be Melinda Doolittle and Jordan Sparks. Let me back this up - Melinda stood out to me (I wrote a blog about it weeks ago) on her first audition appearance. She is a fantastic singer and very humble (although Simon can stop commenting on how humble she is, it's starting to wear a bit). She'll probably win it, she is THAT good and her story (producers and audience LOVE a story) of being a back-up singer for years and now coming into her own just can't be ignored. I must point out that, also, that it's wonderful that only on a show like this would this girl really get to be a star - she is NOT a looker and I KNOW that the Industry would never have opened its doors to her before. Let's face it - they want a 'package' that can be produced and marketable. Melinda Doolittle will do just fine now after having the sense to try out for this show.

Now, on to the 17 year old firecracker Jordan Sparks. First of all she has a great stage name already. It suits her. She is fantastic for a kid her age. Very poised and pretty (without being stick-thin) - she has the youth factor in her voice that is very radio-friendly as opposed to superb Ms. Doolittle who reminds me of Gladys Knight at almost 40.

Lastly, I heard the whole country of India is voting and praying for the other 17 year old, Sanjayah. God bless him, he is SO sweet, so gay, with such great hair and he even knows how to hula dance - I told Patrick he should go to Bollywood in India and have a successful career singing and dancing in Bollywood films. I am NOT kidding. He would be a star there! That, or in 10 years if he keeps his great hair and stays rail thin he can be a great men's runway model. Mark my words. And by the way... I'd manage his career in a second!

No comments: