Saturday, March 24, 2007

Springtime - Bridalshowtime

One of my jobs is modeling. And I encourage anyone who wants to get in the business or learn about it to read my blogs on modeling because I am always leaving helpful and interest hints. Knowledge is power!

Tis the season - I do a lot of bridal show modeling during the spring. This evidently is a huge, lucrative business - the whole wedding scene. Shoot, I used to sing for free at weddings, and now I know that my being a professionally classically educated and trained singer I could've been charging a $100 an hour for my God-given talents!!??

Well, now I make sure I do get paid by exhibiting one of my other God-given talents -that of knowing how to "work" long, flowy dresses - and if you think I am being cute - I can assure you, that not EVERY model knows how to work (or present) dresses.

Alas, I am referring to bridal shows. A totally different style of runway modeling. No, not just because we do get to smile and make eye contact with the audience (unlike high fashion modeling where we look either like non-smiling zombies or sexy "fierce" with high-powered walks). It is definitely a much more presentational and warm, pleasant modeling since the point is that we are not trying to alienate our audience but trying to encourage them that they, too, can wear these dresses! :)

So sweet, so fun, even though one will never, EVER see me wearing a wedding dress should I ever be so inclined to get hitched. he he he. They are just a little too princessy and wedding-cakey for me. I much prefer a vibrant-colored sundress of some sort to get married in. Perfect for the gypsy in me!

Click on web photo album to see me and some model friends from 2 different shows last year!
Bridefest Fashion Valley 2006

1 comment:

Eric Robert Morse said...

Why don't women wear these kinds of dresses all the time?