Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's "Absolutely FABULOUS", Dahling....!!

I hate the term but I've been a fa* hag for quite some time. I figure growing up with all those musicals and then getting into theater did it. Heck: I'm open-minded! Well, I was knocked down a rung or two when it took my conservative (if somewhat Metrosexual) boyfriend, Patrick, to introduced me recently to the hit BBC television show, "Absolutely Fabulous".

Known as "The Fab AB" - this show is a RIOT! It mostly consists of the foibles of Eddee and her childhood friend, Patsy, now both about 40. The pair is an absolute fabulous M-E-S-S! Eedee has a teenage daughter (perfectly cast) who is a total nerd, conservative brainiac - much to her super liberal mother's chagrin. Eedie is twice-divorced (the father of her daughter turned out GAY, of course!) Even though Patsy and Eidee are a mess, they are quite successful in, what else, the Fashion industry. So we always get to hear funny commentry on lables and designers. The 2 are also rarely seen NOT guzzling down some alcohol or lighting a fag (cigarette, darling, I mean lighting a cigarette!) They are constantly making trouble for some poor soul and their comedic timing and facial expressions are hilarious!

Well, far be it for me to somehow miss that this show was HUGE within the Gay community. Patrick said that they even used to do viewing parties of it at one of the gay bars in Hillcrest. Shoot. I somehow missed all of that. Maybe it was because I haven't had cable in over 10 years???

Enjoy a taste of it, Dahling....!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to take you down another rung, but it's "Ab Fab" and it aired on PBS in the States. No cable needed.

Elsa Martinez said...

I have one thing to say, "Lacroix, dahling, Lacroix!!!!"