Friday, December 01, 2006

Isabella Kristensen Couture Show

 

In September I had the extreme pleasure to participate in the first runway show that European Couture designer, Isabella Kristensen presented in the States. Even better was the fact that some of my favorite model girl friends were also selected to walk in the show. My little 'sister', Allison Nazareth ("spelled like Jesus", she is fond of saying) was my walking partner for most of the show. Although I think most models prefer to walk alone (you don't have to concentrate on walking at the same gait or synchronizing your turns), I don't mind walking with Allison as we seem to both have the same sensual, curvy walk - I honestly think it has to do with us both always being the ethnic girls of the show!! Although backstage was incredibly stressful, we didn't even have the time for a tech rehearsal
for the first time ever when working with fay fashion guru, Leonard Simpson (insert gay shocked gasp here), the dresses were as stunning as their 6 ft designer. The night was filled with fashion press and TV and was deemed a success!!

*click on photo album and then on slideshow!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: