Monday, February 12, 2007

Feng-shui - don't let it get away...

I like a little re-arranging in my life at times. (Must be the Basque gypsy blood in me). This weekend I found an old feng-shui (pronounced fung - shway)chart that my ex boyfriend, Mark, from my 20s had given me. Feng Shui is a practical science, closely linked with nature, that was developed and expanded by the Chinese over six thousand years ago. In English, the term means ´wind and water´. It is based on the belief that everything is interconnected in our lives. I certainly subscribe to that!

For example, I realized that my bed was not in the best position to receive the good chi that flows in from the bedroom door - a lot of people get ill in bedrooms without proper chi and flowing oxygen. That was quickly corrected by placing it kitty-corner to the door. Most people do the coffin position - and don't realize that that is encouraging bad chi and needs to have a mirror, crystal or plant placed between the foot of the bed and the door to correct it. I think feng shui is definitely an interesting and useful way of thinking. People in China really subscribe to it's use of colors (each with different signification), plants, waterfalls, mirrors and furniture placement to help ensure one is receiving the best chi energy possible.

It really does make my home with it's metro sexual urban furniture feel extra zen - I love it and highly encourage looking into it. You can even practice fen-shui just on your desk or your entire office in the workplace to ensure greater success, health and financial prosperity. Who can argue with that??!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how does the wheel work?

Elsa Martinez said...

i must admit there is a lot of detail that goes into it - more than the wheel shows. It is simply representing the significance of specific colors and how they relate to our lives: work, fame, children, etc. One would have to look into feng shui much more extensively to incorporate it into their own lives. I suggest a feng shui book or researching it on the internet. I would love to be able to afford to have an expert actually come to my house and incorporate it - that is an option for the believers with money!!$$

Unknown said...

Hey,

M glad fengshui worked for you. I myself also started studying and using fengshui and it worked wonders! My blog now is all about fengshui.

jancytlew.blogspot.com