Friday, February 02, 2007

Only shots at Shooters


So last night, Patrick and I ventured down the street to "Shooters" bar/club on 30th Street, in the heart of North Park, San Diego. I've only gone 3 times before and enjoy my Thursday nights because it's "80s Night". And if you've been reading my blog you ought to know by now that Elsa loves her 80s music!

As we sipped our Citron-Tonics the sad fact was not lost on us that it was the least crowded we had ever seen it. Well, it did get better by the time we were leaving around midnight but it just plum made us sad. The music was great: hits from Duran Duran, Pet Shop Boys, Midnite Drexy Runners, Falco, A-Ha, Devo - to name a few. Also there is no cover charge to get into the bar with pool tables and a minescule $5 to get into the actual dance floor club - they are playing the same music on both sides.

So P and I just don't get it. The club is situated in a great, central part of town, plenty of parking, great nostalgic music, a choice to go to the dance floor portion or stay on the calmer side of the bar, no waiting in line out in the cold to make it look like it's packed (like they do in the fru fru clubs downtown). Even the drinks aren't expensive. And we know there are plenty of 30 and 40-somethings that are huge 80s fans who would enjoy the atmosphere and music. I mean, I dont' even know of anohter club that does all 80s nights off the top of my head.

Such a shame... I'm afraid that if it doesn't pick up they might do away with my beloved 80s Nights there. And where else can I get my 'skank' dance on where it's appreciated???!!!

No comments: