Saturday, February 17, 2007

"A First Dance"

With your desires tangled in my dark hair,
you are lost in the strangeness and newness of my form.
Bronzed hands grasping mine, the Courtship begins
with a First Dance.

Tell me your name again.
I like forgetting the shape of it in my mouth
and then remembering.
Small talk safely transcends shy humour.
Ah! The music!

An unbuttoned shirt revealing a slice of strength.
Perhaps access to your soul?
From the corners of their eyes
angels and devils watch the possibilities rise in our steps.

Embracing, your breath soft and warm;
bodies turning and touching.
Your eyes reveal the path to the wild winery
where we intoxicate by one anothers glances.

Under a blanket of darkness
our souls are bare.
Truth is as simple
as a bed and its covers.
Shall we be Lovers? Or Friends?

But the dance ends
and I walk away
without a word:
leaving a sideword glance
to interpret as you wish...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Eric Robert Morse said...

*blush*

An excellent poem.