Thursday, August 09, 2007

80s Song of the Week: Modern English "Melt With You"

I decided to choose this week's 80s Song of the Week as Modern English. A trio from Essex, England - they are mostly remembered for their major New Wave hit, "Melt With You." Being Patrick's birthday week and all, I also chose it as a sort of ode to him for various reasons 1)- it is one of his favorite songs ever; 2) I dedicate the lyrics to him (a very 80s thing to do - remember when you could call in to the radio stations and request and dedicate songs??) and 3) - I chose it because the song was featured in the hit 80s movie: Valley Girl with Nick Cage (who happens to be one of P's favorite actors). I will save details for a whole other blog, but one of the celebrities that people think P resembles is a younger Nicolas Cage (before the receding hairline, and back when he was a punk and funky and cool).

Thus, I also post below the song set to the movie for a little more 80s' nostalgia... (the original video is a little lackluster anyway, and lead singer, Robbie Grey is not funky, hip, punk or anything - he is just scrawny and unphotogenic.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never said that. It was Billy Baldwin.

Elsa Martinez said...

helloo! i am saving that for another blog!!! and by the way - you DID say that to me long ago when we watched his David Lynch movie >:)~

Anonymous said...

I said I liked him, I never said I looked like him.

Elsa Martinez said...

DISCLAIMER - evidently this is not necessarily one of P's favorite songs. I was misinformed by his capricious 8-year-old. The editor regrets the error...